Now You Know (Source)
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
Yeah but have you seen this
One of the main food sources for crows in Yellowstone National Park is meat from elk, bison, or mule deer carcasses— which are also the food source for wolves. Crows single out baby wolves who are still in the playful puppy stage and play games with them. Some of the biologists and rangers at the park think that the crows play with wold pups so that when they grow up into big dangerous wolves, they’ll remember their crow friends and not try to kill them for taking their meat. So basically, crows are fake ass friends who just want to steal their food.